Career Writer Program - Get Real. Get Ready. Get Traction.
For writers who are committed to their craft and are ready to make screenwriting more than just a hobby, Roadmap Writers offers our Career Writer Program. These feedback-driven sessions put the Career Writer in immersive and interactive roundtables, making them competitive in the marketplace while helping them build relationships with as many industry professionals as possible.
The vast majority of our Success Stories come from writers in our Career Writer Program, many of whom have gone on to sign with companies such as CAA, Gotham Group, Gersh, Zero Gravity, Circle of Confusion, and more!
Couldn't get into Pitch Prep until next month? Taking a month off between steps? Or just not ready to commit?
This low-cost sampling of our programs includes:
Your script is complete! Now be sure you're prepared to take it to market.
Master the fundamentals:
- Learn to pitch the story you're actually telling.
- Hone your written and verbal pitch.
- Build your brand.
- Practice in a safe setting.
Now that you've had some practice, get in front of execs in a constructive environment.
Put your skills to the test:
- Test-run your pitch.
- Meet execs in a curated setting.
- Sharpen your meeting skills.
- Learn what elements professionals are looking for in your script.
- Get comfortable in any situation.
"I can’t even tell you how much value I am getting from Roadmap and I just think all the time I’m so glad this exists!! 20 years ago (the last time I was writing screenplays) there was NOTHING like this. Execs didn’t know if a script was from some nutcase writer and writers didn’t know if the notes they were getting were from an exec with any kind of experience or value. But with Roadmap, there is just so much opportunity to not just get your brand out there, but to connect with really great execs who are on the front lines and know what they’re talking about. Without Roadmap, I would just be reading Syd Field and Robert McKee and throwing spaghetti at the wall just hoping I got it right. Thank you for all the RoadCrew do!!" - April Capil, Screenwriter
Advanced Writer Tracks
Our invitation-only tracks are for advanced writers with multiple scripts. Prerequisites are the Pitch Prep Program and Marketing Intensive. If you would like to talk with someone about how to qualify for one of our Advanced Writer Tracks, contact us.
Step 3: Portfolio Polishing
By Invitation Only
The third step in our Career Writer Program is the Portfolio Polishing Program, where writers hone their pages, craft and perfect their elevator pitch, and get prepared to kill it in longer form meetings!
Walk away with:
- an effective 3-minute elevator pitch
- a polished, market-ready sample
- the skills and confidence to kill any general meeting!
Step 4: Manager Track
By Invitation Only
Participate in exclusive meeting roundtables with executives who will help mold your marketing strategy. This is only available for writers who took Steps 1 and 2 and have at least 3 polished scripts.
- Pitch your projects, get feedback, and learn from listening and watching others.
- Each participant spends 20 minutes with 5+ executives each month.
- Additional benefits include a Next Steps Clinic with a literary manager, a marketing checkup with Roadmap CEO Joey Tuccio, and more!
Step 5: Top Tier
By Invitation Only
The goal of Top Tier is to get out of Top Tier (and signed or optioned!)! Our top writers are “on the verge” with multiple completed projects to pitch.
- In sessions only available to writers in the program, executives read the first twenty pages of a script of your choice before you meet, and you have 20-minute general meetings with 5 executives throughout the month.
- Have the opportunity to do elevator pitches with 20+ executives.
- Private virtual generals with execs.
- Additional benefits include a marketing session with Roadmap CEO Joey Tuccio, in-person or virtual meetups, and more!
Check out our new and improved site! Click the button above to start exploring.